Discover your Outlook inbox for the first time and see how everything’s organized.
Overview of Outlook layout
- Folders are available in the Folder Pane. Some folders are pre-populated, or you can create new ones.
- Inbox is located in the Message List.
- Emails open in the Reading Pane.
- A To-Do bar lets you see your calendar, schedule, and people you work with.
- The Ribbon gives you more options to organize emails.
Change the appearance of your email
- Select View.From here, you can:
- Change the size of the Folder Pane.
- Move the Reading Pane.
- Turn the To-Do bar on or off.
See more email options
- Right-click folders in the Folder Pane to see common organization actions.
- Right-click an email in the Message List to show more message options.
- Right-click the Reading Pane for additional email commands such as translation.